EXCLUSIVE ENGINE SUPPLIER
The new Moto2™ engine is a race-developed 765cc Triple engine based on the powerplant from the class-leading Street Triple RS, with improvements that allow the engine to breathe more freely and rev harder than the production bike, and a peak power figure of more than 140PS.
Developed from Triumph’s class-leading 765cc Street Triple RS powerplant, there are a number of race modifications that have been made to the Moto2™ engine to directly enhance performance, including:
- Modified cylinder head with revised inlet and exhaust ports for optimised fuel flow
- Higher compression ratio
- Titanium valves and stiffer valve springs for increased rpms
- Low output race alternator kit for reduced inertia
- Revised 1st and 2nd gear ratios
- Race developed slipper clutch (which is tuneable)
- Specific race ECU, developed with Magneti Marelli
- Revised engine covers for reduced width
- Different sump for improved header run
- High performance coatings to key internal components
RACE ENGINE COMPONENTS
- Increased bore and stroke
- New crank
- New pistons
- New connecting rods and balancer shaft
- Nikasil plated aluminium barrels
- Revised gearbox
Already renowned as one of the great sounds in motorcycling, Triumph’s 2019 765cc Moto2™ Triple engine is the result of a two-year engineering development program, with race-tuned modifications that deliver over 138 horsepower and provide greater Moto2™ performance levels than ever before... as well as this hair-raising soundtrack!
ROLLING ROAD TESTING
Exclusive footage filmed at Triumph Motorcycles’ Hinckley, U.K. factory demonstrated the 2018 Moto2™ prototype in action on an early rolling road test.
STREET TRIPLE 765
Powered by Moto2™ race engine evolution, for the highest performance, highest specification and most agile Street Triple line-up ever.